Friday, December 11, 2009

Just another day OR (Where can I try this on?)

Well here I am at my place of employment. I walked in here an hour ago to a shift change and there was only one customer here and he was in one of the internet booths and he has only just left now :) Looks like he enjoyed himself as the bin is full of used tissues uuurgggg! Not sure how long he had been in there before I got here, but as I said, I have been here an hour now,so...........
As this is a night time shift, you can get the strangest people in, even stranger than usual! Not to mention it is the lead up to Christmas and the quest to buy people something weird and wacky is alive and kicking, we may just have a..... I want to say interesting, but that doesn't seem the right word, let's try entertaining night :)
While I am awaiting my next customer I shall relay to you one of my previous "entertaining" customers. Believe me some of these experiences are going to remain with me for life.
Opening the shop one morning and there is a very affable older gent outside asking how much longer until I open. I replied that it would only be about 10 minutes. As it was I got the door open about five minutes early for him. He headed directly to the lingerie aisle and after perusing the selection for a few moments he came to the counter with a rather attractive red and black lacy bra. AH! I thought, buying a gift for the lovely woman in his life. I can honestly tell you that this older gent's eyes were sparkling. Before I could say a word to him he asked, quite calmly "Where can I try this on?" I am very proud of myself with the way I handled this situation. I told him that unfortunately we don't have any fitting rooms but he was quite welcome to use the internet booths to try it on. Of he strides to the booths, I watching him on the CCTV cameras the whole way. At this point I am kind of stunned, but not too perturbed by it. A little unusual maybe, but hell I have seen and heard worse (more stories to come lol) The older gent was in the booths about 5 minutes and then came strolling back to the counter. I had been a little preoccupied with a phone call to notice him departing the booths. I ended the phone call and completely thinking he had put the bra back into stock nearly hit the floor when he handed me the tag and said "It's lovely, I'll take it" It took me about 10 seconds to realize that he was wearing the bra! I rang up the sale, gave him a very nice smile and he thanked me profusely for the service I had given him and let out a very unmanly giggle as he then told me how naughty he felt. And then he left.
It took me a while to process completely what had just happened. My head was screaming OH MY GOD, OH MY GOD, OH MY GOD. These are the moments when it REALLY sucks to work on your own. :)

No comments: